Day Tours and Rentals Cancellation Policy
Payment in full is required to confirm your booking. For cancellations by the customer:
- Reservations are fully refundable 60+ days before date of the tour or rental.
- Reservations are partially refundable if canceled less than 60 but more than 7 days before the tour or rental; minus a cancellation fee of $20 or 10% of your total booking cost, whichever is greater.
- Reservations are not refundable 7 days or less from the date of the activity.
Sockeye Cycle Co. retains the right to cancel a tour for any reason, in which case you will receive a full refund. Tours operate rain or shine but may be cancelled for extreme weather. If you are visiting on a cruise ship that has a change in itinerary due to weather or other reasons, we will rebook you if possible or offer a full refund.
Multi-Day Tour Terms and Cancellation Policy
We require a $500 per person deposit at the time of booking to reserve your space on a tour. The remaining balance is due 60 days before the tour departure date.
If you need to cancel your reservation, you can use your deposit toward any future Sockeye Cycle tour. Refunds are also available based on when we receive written notice of your tour cancellation:
- 60+ days prior to tour departure date: Refund of deposit minus a 10% cancellation fee.
- 30 – 59 days prior to departure date: refund of 75% of total tour cost.
- 15 – 29 days prior to departure date: refund of 50% of total tour cost.
- 14 days or less notice: No refund available
Due to the nature of operating in the remote international areas, Sockeye Cycle Co. reserves the right to cancel a tour prior to the departure date for any reason. This may include below minimum participation, logistical, health, or environmental issues which would impede trip operations.
Notification will be made of cancellation due to inadequate sign-up before the final payment is due (60 days before departure). In this case, you will have the option of a full refund of your deposit, or to apply your deposit to a future tour. In the case of environmental, health, or logistical factors causing cancellation of the tour, notice will be given as quickly as possible, and a full refund will be credited.
Sockeye Cycle Co. is not responsible for expenses incurred by individuals in preparation for the trip such as non-refundable airline tickets, medical expenses, equipment, etc.
If the trip is delayed because of bad weather, canceled or delayed flights or delays of other transportation, illness, or situations for which Sockeye Cycle Co. or its agents cannot make provisions, Sockeye Cycle is not responsible for any additional costs associated with the delay. Sockeye Cycle is also not responsible for refunding portions of any activity missed due to such a delay.
We strongly recommend the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance for your protection in the event of trip cancellation, illness, injury or medical evacuation. CFAR (Cancel for any reason) policies are the most comprehensive. Policies can be purchased through an insurance agent, travel agent or online.
Our website contains a comprehensive list of equipment and services included for each tour. Please read these carefully and contact us if you require more information.
Not included in the tour cost: any travel to the departure point or from the end point of each trip; gratuities to guides, insurance of any kind, alcoholic beverages, and other items of a personal nature. Medical costs, costs of hospitalization, evacuation by helicopter, or any other means, are not covered in the tour cost.
Tour pricing and hotel accommodations are based on double occupancy. For camping nights, an individual tent is available for your use at no extra cost. Note that due to limitations with some of the lodging options we use, a single room may not be available each night.
- If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodations, we will match you with somebody compatible, if available.
- If you prefer single hotel accommodations, we have a single supplement fee for each trip that you will need to pay to secure individual rooms.
- If we are not able to able to find you a roommate, you will have a single room by default and will be charged half of the single supplement rate (also called a ‘forced single’).