Reservation Terms and Cancellation Policy
MULTI-DAY TOURS: Fully Supported and Self Guided Reservation Terms and Cancellation Policy
We require a 50% deposit of the total cost of the tour at the time of booking to reserve your spot. 60 days before the tour departure date, we will send you notification that the remaining 50% is due. At that time we will charge the remaining balance to the credit card we have on file, unless you notify us of an alternate payment method.
If you cancel your reservation, 5% of the total tour cost is non-refundable to cover merchant fees, lodging deposit fees, and administrative costs. We will apply this fee towards a future tour booked with us if you so wish. The remaining tour cost will be refunded according to the following cancellation schedule:
1. 60 days or more prior to tour departure date: Full refund less 5% of tour cost.
2. 59 – 30 days: 50% refund of tour cost.
3. 29 – 14 days: 25% refund of tour cost.
4. 13 days or less: No refund of tour cost.
Reservation Terms and Conditions
Due to the nature of operating in the wilderness and remote international areas, Sockeye Cycle Co reserves the right to cancel a tour prior to the departure date for any reason whatsoever. This may include below minimum participation, logistical, or environmental issues which would impede trip operations.
Notification will be made of cancellation due to inadequate sign-up at least thirty days prior to the tour departure date and a full refund of the trip cost will be credited. In the case of environmental or logistical factors causing cancellation of the tour, including forest fire, flooding, etc. a full refund will be credited. Sockeye Cycle Co is not responsible for expenses incurred by individuals in preparation for the trip such as non-refundable airline tickets, medical expenses, equipment etc.
If the trip is delayed because of bad weather, canceled or delayed flights or delays of other modes of transportation, sickness or situations for which Sockeye Cycle Co or its agents cannot make provisions, the cost of delay is not included.
We strongly recommend the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance for your protection in the event of trip cancelation, illness, injury or medical evacuation. Policies can be purchased through an insurance agent, travel agent or online.
The information listed for each tour in our catalog and on our website contains a comprehensive list of equipment and services, which are included in the tour cost. Please read these carefully and call our office if you require more information.
Not included in the tour cost are: airfares, 5 – 7 % gratuities to staff, insurance of any kind, airport taxes, alcoholic beverages, and other items of a personal nature. Medical costs, costs of hospitalization, evacuation by helicopter, or any other means, are not covered in the tour cost.
Hotel accommodations are based on double occupancy. If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodations, we will match you with somebody of the same gender, if available. If you prefer single hotel accommodations, you are requested to pay the single supplement fee listed for your trip. For camping nights a tent is available for your personal use at no extra cost.
Day Excursion Reservation and Cancellation Policies
Payment in full is required at the time of booking. 10% of the total cost is non-refundable to cover administration fees (up to a maximum of $50 per booking). The remaining 90% of the cost is refundable if we receive notification of your cancellation 7 or more days prior to the tour date. Less than 7 days before the tour date, there is no refund.
Sockeye Cycle Co retains the right to cancel a tour for any reason, in which case you will receive a full refund. Tours operate rain or shine. If you are removed from the tour for safety reasons, including inability to operate the bicycle in a safe manner or within the allotted tour time frame, there is no refund.